To have a healthy and long life, vegetables should be a staple in our diets. But this doesn’t mean that you should just stick with carrot sticks and bowls of salad. To make things a bit easier for you, here are five subtle ways on how you can sneakily add some greens into your diet without making it too monotonous.
- Use it as a Carb Alternative. One good way to incorporate some greens into your diet and lose weight at the same time is to make it your carb alternative. Lessen your daily carb intake by replacing your pita bread with lettuce when making wraps, substituting rice with finely chopped cauliflower, replacing spaghetti noodles with shredded squash, or an eggplant lasagne for your pasta sheets.
- Sprinkle More Herbs. Fresh herbs like basil, mint, oregano and parsley are some of the best herbs to sprinkle into your diet. Just a cup of parsley already offers twice the mineral and vitamin content found in a cup of raw spinach. Definitely an easy way to make your meals tastier and healthier.
- Try Out Veggie Dips. Planning to lose some belly fat? Then try replacing your favourite cheese and mayo dip with something that’s veggie-based. Some of the popular dip choices include hummus and spinach artichoke dips, but you can also try out other dip ingredients like beetroot, dill and pumpkin.
- Create a Veggie-Based Sauce. Another good way to sneak in extra veggies into your diet is by using it as a sauce in your home-cooked meals. One good example is tomato sauce. Instead of buying and using ready-made sauces, learn to make your own sauces using fresh herbs and veggies of your choice.
- Juice It. Not fond of eating veggies? Then try juicing them and blending them in your pre-workout smoothie instead. Some of the best greens to use are kale and spinach. Simply blend these veggies with your favourite sweet fruits to give your drink a healthy and refreshing kick.
- Add Them in Your Side Dishes. When you have the option to choose the side dish that you want every time you dine out, always opt for mixed veggies and save the mac ‘n cheese for your cheat day. This way, you’ll get your daily green servings even when you’re eating out.
Sneaking in some veggies into your diet isn’t really that difficult. All you’ve got to do is be creative in adding them in your meals to make your family and yourself eat and enjoy the healthy greens.
Singaporeans love teas and we drink it for different reasons. There are people who drink tea because of its therapeutic effects while there are others who drink it with friends to catch up. There are also some who drink tea because it relaxes them. Whatever the reasons, we have to know that there are a thousand ways to enjoy our tea.
We have to forget our usual tea with milk and sugar. This time, we will discover more ways to enjoy our usual cup of tea. Reinventing it may make our lives more jubilant because we can try different flavours. Let us try going away with our old-fashioned cup of tea and reinvent it. Here are some ideas that we might like:
- Mango tea with boba tapioca pearls: Many Singaporeans love mangoes and it is time that we put it in good use. Tea and mangoes are great combination. If we want it to be more tasty and appealing, we can put boba tapioca pearls. This chilled tea is perfect for summer. We have to blend first our mango and combine it with our tea and boba tapioca pearls.
- Earl Grey tea: Earl Grey is famous. We can make it with tea. The lavender and lemon flavour is a must-try. We only need to look for Earl Grey, add tea and a honey syrup and viola – we have a new tea variant. This is unexpectedly good because of its mild and refreshing flavour.
- Thai iced tea: If we have some black tea in our kitchen, we can make Thai iced tea. We only need to secure coconut milk. This is easy to make because we only need to combine the black tea and the coconut milk.
- Sweet sangria tea: If we have a barbeque party or a house party, sweet sangria tea is the perfect drink. We only need to add wine and fruits to our sweetened tea and we have a refreshing drink.
- Raspberry tea smoothies: For a very hot afternoon, a hot tea is not that enjoyable. The best thing is we can make smoothies out of our favourite tea and fruit – raspberry.
- Moroccan mojitos: Mojitos with a tea, who can tell if it is good? Well, we can try. We only need to look for a black tea and flavour it with citrus juices, flavoured spices and a drop or two of rum.
We do not need to go to tea houses just to try different variants of teas. We can make it in our homes and share it with friends. We can even serve it to our guests and awe them. Teas are indeed God’s gift and it is meant to share and enjoy.
As the technology in the world advances, a lot of people patronize instant foods like cup noodles, foods in fast foods like burgers and potato fries without knowing the harmful effects of it.
Although some of these foods have good benefits in health and is time-saving, many people still choose eating those foods. However, there are some people who remained loyal to the food they eat especially vegetarians. Actually, eating vegetables are good for the health. In Singapore, many restaurants offer vegetarians the food they love.
You may see it as an ordinary restaurant outside but when you see the interior, you’ll never regret that you’ve come. Vegetarian restaurants in Singapore not only offer delightful dishes but also heart-warming services.
- Vegan Burg – This place is for all time, crowded. You’ll never find this place silent as many locals as well as visitors eat in this place. They also serve the finest food and one of a kind munching experience for veggie lovers and non-veggie lovers.
- Real Food Organic Grocer & Café – You’ll never regret their service as well as the foods they serve here. Aside that they have the top caliber for foods and services, you’ll also enjoy the prices of the dishes they offer.
- Yi Xin Vegetarian Food – If you step on your feet in Chinatown, the most important thing to do is visit this place. A top restaurant in Chinatown, Yi Xin serves different cuisines with affordable prices and also with expensive prices.